Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My birthday weekend...

Wow! 2 weeks since my last post... I hate when that happens.

Anyway, 2 weekends ago was my 31st birthday weekend. Gulp - 31 - how did that happen? But I feel better now than I have in a few years, so that's a good thing I suppose...

The Friday before my birthday, I planned to take off school. Lucas' class was going to a field trip to the pumpkin patch. But then, Tony thought he would have some extra hours on the books and be able to take 1/2 day that day... And 2 of my classes were planning a not-so-surprise surprise party for me. So, I sucked it up and went to school that day. No 3 day weekend as a present to myself :(

Here are a few pics of the farm trip:
Friday night we went out with the neighbors to Red Lobster - classy I know. I'm that kind of girl - only the best for me. They have their annual "endless shrimp festival". Coconut, popcorn, scampi, parmesan scampi, alfredo, fried, etc... We hadn't gone in 2 yrs, and I was a little miffed at how little I could actually eat before feeling the urge to vomit. When we left, Tony claimed he was still hungry, and I seriously could've passed for 5 months pregnant - my belly was so full/bloated... It was delish, but I am certainly glad it only comes around once a year!

Saturday morning, we were supposed to go to Becca's Halloween party, but she woke up sick :( Instead, Tony helped Mike close his boat and I took the kids to a Fall Festival at Homestead Gardens. They both had fun and were super well behaved!
Saturday evening, Jeff, Chasity, Lily, & Nathan came over for a cookout. The kids had a blast in the moonbounce. No broken fingers this time and it was too cute seeing all 4 of them in there!
Sunday was the BIG DAY :) We went to the flea market and the park... Had our usual football party at Mike and Brenda's... They surprised me with an ice cream cake - yum! Then headed to Mom and Dad's for the family party... Just us 4, them, and Gigi. More eating - pizza and cake... And some wonderful gifts - thanks guys!
It was a nice low-key weekend that I was lucky to spend with family and friends :) xo

No comments:

Post a Comment