Saturday, November 2, 2013

Baltimore Marathon

Mid-October was the annual Baltimore Marathon downtown.  Tony and I ran the half marathon back in 2005, and it was a horrific experience for me.  I hadn't been back since.  Well, some friends at school signed up for the Marathon Relay and asked if I wanted to be the girl of the team.  Looking for some motivation to get back to exercising after baby, I said yes.  I ran the easiest (most flat instead of uphill) leg, but the longest distance (7.3 miles).  It was a lot of fun.  We all dressed up as Superman.  I even borrowed a cape from a student.  While waiting for my leg of the race to start, there were some of my students on the Cross Country team there, so I wasn't bored.  I was just so glad that it wasn't raining...  The 2 days before the race, we had the most rain I've ever seen.  Luckily, it cleared out just in time!!!

Here's me before the race:
And a pic of all of us after:
As I crossed the finish line, the Baltimore Sun news crew stopped me for a quick interview.  You figure they were there all day and interviewed a ton of people.  In the next day's newspaper, they printed 4 pictures... And one was me.  BUT it was a TERRIBLE pic!!!  Worst ever.  My colleagues were kind enough to post it all over school as a joke Monday morning : )

No comments:

Post a Comment