Monday, June 15, 2009

Multiple personalities and graduations...

Lucas has entered the phase in his toddlerhood where he's starting to ask questions. Not really complicated questions by any means, but enough questions that wear me out and definitely try my patience. I'd better get used to it though, cause it's not gonna stop any time soon. Every once in a while he'll ask "why?", but the question that he asks at least 218 times each day is "Mommy, what IS that?"... And he only asks it about stuff that he ALREADY knows??? A few quick examples -

Reading before bed:
Lucas (pointing in book to a dog) - Mommy, what IS that?
Ang - a doggy
Lucas - (points to same dog) - what is that mommy?
Ang - Lucas, you know what that is.
Lucas - what is that?
Ang - I don't know Lucas, do YOU know what that is?
Lucas - a dog
Ang - yes, very good, a dog
Lucas - points to SAME damn dog - Mommy what IS that???

and it goes on and on...

example #2 - in the car -
Lucas - Mommy, where is Daddy?
Ang - Daddy's at work buddy
Lucas - where is daddy, mommy???
Ang - daddy's working
Lucas - where'd daddy go
Ang - I don't know Lucas. Where is daddy?
Lucas - at work
Ang - right! Daddy's at work
Lucas - Where's Daddy, Mommy?

AHH!!! And every time he asks, he gets louder and the voice gets more and more high-pitched. If I ignore his questions, they just become more and more insistent.

Both of those conversations happened today. This afternoon, I also spent time while he was napping collecting the at least 58 toys that he's thrown behind the couch. As soon as he woke up, he put about 41 of them back under the couch :( And these are toys he LOVES. So, as soon as he does it, he wants us to get these toys! Usually, I make him wait until the next day... But sometimes, if his favorite towtruck happens to be missing, I cave and get it so that he'll go play and I can at least get a little work done around here :)

But, at the end of the day, it's all worthwhile... Before bed tonight, he laid his head on my shoulder while we sang songs. He said he had a secret to tell me... And he whispered "I love you Mommy. You're my best friend"! Can't beat that :)

Charlotte had a great day. Her naps were longer than usual, she sat nicely at the restaurant for lunch, and she was a happy and squeally little gal! At bathtime, she left the newborn bath sling behind, and graduated to the infant part of the tub. She must be getting bigger :( Her 0-3 month outfit today was even a little snug... Sniffle, sniffle...


Just some shots from today:

No comments:

Post a Comment