Sunday, December 4, 2011

Lucas' first "race"

Since we were actually going to be home on Thanksgiving this year, I signed me & Lucas up for my school's Turkey Trot race. There was a 1 mile fun run and a 5k run. Realistically, I knew Lucas could probably only do a mile... But in my heart, it felt silly to show up to a run and only do 1 mile. Since kids were free either way, I signed us both up for the 5k and decided to just "see how it went". He was really excited beforehand... He got a free T-shirt that was WAY too big, and his own race bib to wear. As the race began, he was screaming "I love this!"... He ran straight for about 1.3 miles and then had a meltdown... So, we just walked back to the car and went home. I had to talk myself out of pushing him to run more... didn't want to ruin him on running forever!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment