Sunday, December 4, 2011

Our Thanksgiving Weekend

Grammie and Grampie came up from NC to visit for Thanksgiving! We hadn't seen them since the end of June, so we were really looking forward to it... They came up on Tuesday afternoon, but Tony and I both had to work Tuesday and Wednesday, so we didn't do too much... Cook dinners, hang out, play with the kids...

Thanksgiving morning, Lucas and I did the Turkey Trot that I wrote about in my last post. When we got back, I actually went out for a real run. The kids and the neighbors played in the moonbounce in the front yard, as it was a gorgeous day!
We had dinner around 2:30. Lots of yummy stuff, and we even ate on our fancy china! Not the greatest family pic, but better than nothing...
After dinner, we headed back outside to enjoy the weather..
After all that playing and skipping their naps, the kids (especially Lottie) were super tired!
Friday morning, we hung out at home and decorated the tree and the inside of the house. The kids were both very involved in putting up ornaments this year. It was slightly painful to see Charlotte put 6 ornaments on the same branch and not just grab them and rearrange them :)
After a Mexican lunch, we hung out outside again and tried to get a few family pics... For some reason, ours just never turn out the way I think they should!
After that, there were a few power naps taken...
Then, we headed 5 minutes up the road to my school's next football game... If they won, they would play in the state championship! Unfortunately, it was a blowout (not in our favor) and we left early... I hardly took any pics, as it was hard to see unless you stood in the bleachers. But out of the 5,000 fans there, 2 of my favorite students managed to fine me!
Saturday morning, Grammie and Grampie left after breakfast. Lucas and Tony spent the day in the front yard doing outside decorations.
We headed to Mommom & Pop's for a second Thanksgiving feast and to help celebrate Gigi's 85th birthday!
I love the holidays!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment